I specialize in issues particular to women such as childhood trauma, prenatal loss, infertility, birth trauma and recovery, postpartum depression and anxiety, your role as a mother, wife, and woman as well as relationship concerns. Whether you want to see me individually or come in with a loved one I work to help you to feel more connected and renewed. As someone who is a wife of a veteran and has years of experience working with active duty I have a special place for military families and their experiences in my heart and practice. I know childcare in the area can be difficult so I allow nonverbal children to attend sessions with their parents. My rule is if your child is unable to repeat your session and you are comfortable bringing them then bring them. My goal is for every woman to be able to access mental health care with the least amount of barriers possible. Call me to discuss details about home visits.
Issues most commonly addressed:
- Relationships ( Do you and your spouse feel disconnected to each other lately? Do you differ on how to raise your children? Have you been fighting more?)
- Parenting and attachment ( Do you feel bonded to your child? Do you want to be a better parent? Do you want to raise your children differently than you were raised but you are not quite sure how?)
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Depression, Anxiety and adjustment. (Did your labor and delivery not go the way you wanted?,Are you exhausted overwhelmed and barely able to meet your own needs, let alone those of your new infant?
Was the pregnancy or birth harder than you imagined? Do you find your life with your new baby is different than you wish it was or could be?)
- New role confusion such as new mothers, fathers, and spouses (Have you just been different since having your baby and need help figuring it out?)
- Trauma and PTSD, (Did you experience abuse as a child and are worried how that could impact your children? )
- Life Transitions
- Infertility and Perinatal Loss
- Preparation for a new baby and birth support (Does the thought of labor and delivery worry you?)
I primarily offer Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for adults, while integrating elements of psycho-dynamic theory, attachment theory, and various other orientations. This means that I believe you are the expert on your life and just need a little help in finding your way back to clarity and healing because each individual has unique needs, we will work together to find an appropriate therapeutic intervention based on your presenting concerns, current difficulties, and ongoing feedback. Call me today to start your investment in you, your future and your loved ones.